Sessions: Private or Group
- We will meet weekly
- Whether in-person or online, each session is 2 full hours.
- ALL sessions will start promptly at their designated time. It is important that you are on time. I always recommend you either arrive or begin your signon process at least 10 minutes prior to the start time. If you are more than 15 minutes late arriving/signing into a group session, you may loose your opportunity to share/work that day.
- The first 90 minutes of each session will be dedicated to sharing and discussing the reading/written assignments.
- The last 30 minutes will be dedicated to a Kundalini Kriya & Meditation so it is important to be dressed and prepared to do yoga prior to the beginning of each session.
Private vs. Group Sessions
Both are viable options to consider. For beginners, I usually recommend starting out with a few individual sessions to help acclimate yourself to the process. Afterwards you can transfer into a Group. The benefits of Group sessions are:
- Joining a group of strangers may sound intimidating at first, but group sessions provide benefits that individual sessions may not. In fact, group members are almost always surprised by how rewarding this experience can be.
- Groups can act as a support network and a sounding board. Other members of the group often help you come up with specific ideas for improving a difficult situation or life challenge, and hold you accountable along the way.
- Regularly talking and listening to others also helps you put your own problems in perspective. Many people experience life difficulties, but few speak openly about them to people they don’t know well. Oftentimes, you may feel like you are the only one struggling — but you’re not. It can be a relief to hear others discuss what they’re going through, and realize you’re not alone.
- Diversity is another important benefit of group sessions. People have different personalities and backgrounds, and they look at situations in different ways. It is helpful to see how other people tackle problems and make positive changes, you can discover a whole range of strategies for facing your own concerns.
What You’ll Need for Online Sessions
- A laptop or desktop computer with “Zoom” capabilities
- Your Internet service needs to be hardwired for optimum and uninterrupted feed.
- You will need to have a quiet space available to you which allows you to move freely in and out of yoga postures.
- This space needs to be private with no interruptions either by pets, children or others. If this is a Group Session, remember we must respect the anonymity of the other online group members.